Creating an Ethereum Wallet
You will need to have an Ethereum address in order to receive the revenue from the sales.
If your organization does not have an Ethereum address, you should create it previously to start sending an NFT proposal. There are many ways to create an address and several wallets you can use. Below we will give an example by how to do it using one of the most popular browser extensions for Ethereum: metamask.
In this tutorial we will be using Google Chrome as an example, but the workflow is the same for all browsers.
- 1.Click Chrome to install MetaMask as a Google Chrome extension.
- 2.Click Add to Chrome.
- 3.Click Add Extension.
That’s it! You have successfully installed MetaMask extension!
The next step is to create an account.
- 1.Click on the MetaMask icon in the upper right corner to open the extension.
- 2.To install the latest version of MetaMask, click Try it now.
- 3.Click Continue.
- 1.You will be asked to create a new password. Create a strong password and click Create.
Don’t forget to store your password for safekeeping!
- 2.Click Reveal secret words.
- 3.You will see a 12 words seed phrase. Save seed words as a file or copy them to a safe place and click Next.
Reveal secret words and copy your secret backup phrase to a safe place
Security tips:Write this phrase on a piece of paper and store in a secure location. If you want even more security, write it down on multiple pieces of paper and store each in 2–3 different locations.Memorize this phrase.
- 1.Verify your secret phrase by selecting the previously generated phrase. When done, click Confirm.
By “solving this puzzle” you are confirming that you know your secret phrase
Congratulations! You have successfully created your MetaMask account.
Now you should communicate the public-key (not the private key) to the FACT-NFT team. To find the Ethereum address (the public key) is easy: just click on the top of your wallet and copy to clipboard as shown in the picture below.
That's it. Use this Public Key to communicate to the FACTS-NFT team and use it every time you submit a new request to include an NFT.